Thursday, May 11, 2017

Como


...And we took off early to Lago Di Como jumping off of trains and enjoying the view is already THE adventure itself. Our journey brought us to a little town tucked away from the city. Como is a small Province just a few minutes outside of Milan which borders the Swiss Alps and is home to the village of Bellagio. The weather was cold and foggy and the cobble-stoned streets were almost covered with fallen autumn leaves, which set the tone to this quaint town. The atmosphere that surrounded us took our breaths away! The lake docked with little boats and the hillside bestrewn with colourful houses and bistros felt like a dream come true. But, our adventure didn’t end there as we took the funicolare up the mountain to Brunate. Must we hold our breaths or take it all in?! We were viewing life from the top in all its stillness. Cue in: What a wonderful world! I felt so far away from troubles, worries and sufferings which are present in the same world we’re living in. For the first time in a long time, I had been still… 

Our little daytrip-turned-into-adventure was both a spiritual and gastronomical experience, as we didn’t leave the town without a taste of gnocchi pasta and hazelnut gelato by the lake. I would travel back all the way here just to have a bite of that again. Now, as I am writing this, I am on a completely new journey. Unprepared but moving on. Unsure but trusting the path. I believe this is a chance to fulfill my other dreams now. I just pray to God that no matter how far I go, how lost I’ll be, or how broken I can get, He’s with me on this adventure. Because He has said, “ I know the plans I have for you…”




No comments:

Post a Comment